I love baking and cooking! Join me as I explore new recipes, old favorites, and healthier options.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Un-Lunch

Do you ever skip lunch?  My children love "skipping" lunch.  I tell the children we are NOT having lunch, just snacks.  (Thanks to my mom for the fantastic idea.)  Today I pulled out lots of "fun" kid bowls and filled the table with bowls of red grapes, green grapes, blue grapes (what Erik calls black grapes), cherries, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, cheese, and some veggie straws.  Instant unlunch.  Try it sometime.  Your kids will thank you!

By the way, thanks to Disney for inspiring a new love of cherries in my boys.  We went to the store and saw cherries in a bag with a large picture of Lightening McQueen.  Now Sean prefers McQueen cherries to almost any other food.  Excellent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment