I love baking and cooking! Join me as I explore new recipes, old favorites, and healthier options.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Apricot Lemon Squares

Today I made lemon bars.
They sounded so good.
I figured there must be a low-sugar way to make them.
My new favorite dessert. Apricot Lemon Squares
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 cup pureed dried apricots
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
Mix flour, butter, and powdered sugar. Pressed into ungreased 9x9 pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350. Puree dried apricots, lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour mixture into medium bowl. Add baking powder, salt, and eggs. Beat well. Pour apricot mixture into hot crust. Bake 25-30 miutes until set. Cool in pan. Cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment