I love baking and cooking! Join me as I explore new recipes, old favorites, and healthier options.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Teriyaki Stir Fry

I love teriyaki.  Not all the sugar I found in some recipes.  Try this one for that sweet/sour taste.
And have you tried these great Pyrex containers.  I LOVE them!  Perfect for lunches.
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry

2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 diced onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
2 cups sliced bell peppers (I used a mix of red, yellow, & green)
2 cups sliced carrots
pineapple juice from one can of pineapple chunks
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground pepper

Cook the onions and garlic in oil until onions are tender.  Add chicken, peppers, and carrots.  Cook until chicken is no longer pink.  Whisk remaining ingredients in small bowl.  Add to chicken mixture.  Cook until thicker and bubbly.  Serve over rice.  

1 comment: