I love baking and cooking! Join me as I explore new recipes, old favorites, and healthier options.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Applesauce

What do you do when your husband comes home with a HUGE bag of apples from a co-worker's tree?  Make applesauce, of course.  Growing up, I watched mom make applesauce every year, so applesauce brings back memories.  I didn't have any fancy equipment, but applesauce is simple.  Try it!
Applesauce
Ingredient:  lots of apples

Peel, core, and chop your apples.  Dump all those apples into a large pot.  You'll end up with something like this.
 
Cook them on medium heat for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally.  When the apples soften, mash with a potato masher.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. Do you add any cinnamon or just leave it plain?

    ReplyDelete